With a growing demand for software engineers and programmers, there is a need for training in this area of programming. Hence, many different platforms have surfaced which have helped coders and programmers achieve their goals and maximize their capabilities.
In this article, we are going to take a look at two Codecademy vs freeCodeCamp platforms, and study some special features of both to come to a solid conclusion on which seems like the right choice to use.
What is FreeCodeCamp?
freeCodeCamp is a donor-supported non-profit organization that includes an interactive online learning platform, community forum, Medium posts, discussion forums, and organizations that help make online learning accessible to everyone . Their main goal is to help people learn code for free. And they do this through articles, videos, lessons, and study groups around the world.
- Front-end development: Suppose your main goal is to build the browser-based system, then freeCodeCamp provides the program to educate their users in front-end development. Front-end developers have to manage web browsers and interact with their user base and client often, which results in a long-term project.
- APIs: freeCodeCamp offers Application Programming Interface or API certification. Application Programming Interface is an intermediate course that allows 2 different applications to communicate with each other for better simultaneous use.
- Data visualization: Writing code is one of the important skills to learn and freeCodeCamp gives you the opportunity to develop important skills and delve into some cross-disciplinary skills. With data visualization, developers and programmers will be able to learn and create graphical representations of code to present to customers and potential customers.
freeCodeCamp offers various certification courses focused on software and website development. It provides great freedom to developers and programmers by letting you experiment with various coding skills without any help.
Benefits of freeCodeCamp:
- Obtain certifications
- Gain experience coding for nonprofits
- Free to use
Cons of freeCodeCamp:
- Learning material is not in-depth
- Offline version is not available
What is the Codecademy?
Codecademy is an interactive online platform that offers free coding courses in 12 programming languages. Codecademy may be a perfect platform for you. It offers various courses in different programming languages and fields. Most courses are aimed at beginners and have had over 45,000 users sign up for their courses and courses.
- Web development: Codecademy has lesson plans intended to teach a professional programmer and developer with the long-term goal of building the front-end application.
- Development tools: Codecademy offers a course highly dedicated to training developers to use toolkits when writing code. Just getting a little familiar with the tools makes it easier to create how the code works.
- Data science and machine learning: Codecademy provides the course with a primary focus on data science and focuses on understanding and interpreting code while teaching related material to make informed judgments from data. This is a professional course focused on the development of intelligent programs.
Codecademy offers programs needed to teach the next generation of web developers and programmers. But, it offers many other courses that simultaneously focus on software and hardware, designing intelligent machines being an important example.
Advantages of Codecademy:
- Share repositories on GitHub.
- Active Forums
- Has professional advisors to help students in their learning process
Cons of Codecademy:
- Classes are chargeable – over $20/month
- No certification given
Who are these courses for?
Both freeCodeCamp and Codecademy are online platforms for learning and performing code, from beginners to advanced who want to develop their learning skills. Whether you want to learn game development, web development, programming and data science, or computer science, you won’t be limited here. For beginners who don’t have a budget, these two platforms also have the right course for you. Try it now!
Best platform for beginners
With a wide range of information on the completeness of lesson plans offered by both Codecademy and freeCodeCamp, it’s hard to decide which is the right choice for beginners.
freeCodeCamp provides an interactive and intensive course curriculum that gives potential developers the chance to try coding and make their mistakes when they offer the advanced and comprehensive curriculum. This makes the freeCodeCamp course the best selection for people looking to improve their skills and deepen their knowledge of this world of coding. Unfortunately, this will be very confusing and intimidating for those with no superficial knowledge of web development and programming.
Codecademy vs freeCodeCamp
|Codecademy offers a less detailed lesson plan||freeCodeCamp offers an intensive lesson plan|
|Codecademy offers courses on the Tier System, Basic Tier, Pro Tier, and Team Tier.||freeCodeCamp offers a free program|
|Codecademy lesson plans can be shorter or longer||The freeCodeCamp course consists of a 300 hour program|
|CodeCademy has a higher paywall||freeCodeCamp is a free and open source platform|
|No certification available||Certifications available|
CodeCademy and freeCodeCamp are amazing platforms that you can leverage and launch your programming career. freeCodeCamp is totally free whereas CodeCademy has the subscription service, which is a bit pricey but again, worth paying for if you want it. However, the paid service turns out to be much better than the free service. In such a case, we cannot confirm otherwise. CodeCademy offers in-depth instruction on courses. Additionally, CodeCademy premium members will receive expert feedback on projects that enhance the learning experience.